This year’s GrowTogether theme is “Gardens of Resilience,” which reflects the enduring spirit of community gardeners. Community gardeners from across New York City have been gathering at the GrowTogether conference each spring since 1984 to celebrate the start of the garden season with learning, networking, and reconnecting with friends.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s GrowTogether conference will be held virtually from February 20 – 27. Check out the schedule of workshops offered throughout the week.
Register here: gtgt2021.eventbrite.com
All sessions will be offered with live Spanish language interpretation.
- Saturday, February 20: Opening remarks; Keynote address by Sawdayah Brownlee (Brooklyn-Queens Land Trust); Plenary panel with community garden program representatives from D.C., Portland, Seattle, Seoul, Nerima City (Tokyo), and New York City’s own NYC Parks GreenThumb.
- Sunday, February 21: GreenThumb GrowTogether Virtual Scavenger Hunt; DIY Screen Printing
- Monday, February 22: Crop Trials and Garden Research
- Tuesday, February 23: Wild Plants and Gardening with Youth
- Wednesday, February 24: Greening Partners Virtual Tabling
- Thursday, February 25: Propagation
- Friday, February 26: Aquaponics and Herbal Body Products
- Saturday, February 27: Herbalism
For more information about speakers and workshops visit GreenThumb’s website.